We are currently seeing a limited number of new and existing patients per day for pain, infections, ingrown toenails and post-operative care. CDC recommendations for social separation and disinfection are being followed. We are asking new patients to complete the required paperwork prior to their appointment so patients can be taken immediately into their exam room. For specific questions and/or an appointment, please call 208-319-0497
A more detailed policy statement with be posted at this location soon.
Located at I-84 & S. Eagle Road Across From St. Luke's Meridian Medical Center
Why Blackmer Foot & Ankle
Non-Surgical Care Always Recommended First: Dr. Blackmer will exhaust all conservative options before considering surgical intervention. We believe that foot surgery should be your last resort option.
Immediate Appointments Available: For patients that have acute conditions that need immediate care, such as infected ingrown toenails and severe foot pain, we keep open appointment slots each day for patients with such problems. Certain times of the year the patient volume increases and these slots go quickly. We suggest you call and we will be as accommodating as possible. After all, we are here to help you.
Experienced: The doctor has enjoyed serving patients from the Treasure Valley, Magic Valley and Wood River Valley since 1986 and has performed thousands of foot & ankle procedures.
Insurance Coverage: The doctor is contracted with most all health insurance plans that we are aware of. We suggest that you inquire with your insurance or our billing office.
About The Doctor: Dr. David A. Blackmer is a native of Michigan where he received his undergraduate education at the University of Michigan and Central Michigan University. The doctors medical education consists of a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine at Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine/OCPM along with training at The Cleveland Foot Clinic, Tucson Veterans Administration Hospital and Intermountain Podiatry Clinic in Salt lake City, Utah.
Dr. Blackmer has received additional advanced certifications in foot and ankle surgery, PinPointe FootLaser, CO2 laser surgery, ankle arthroscopy, advanced osteosynthesis, endoscopic plantar fasciotomy, endoscopic decompression of inter-metatarsal neuroma and hundreds of hours of continued medical education.
Along with being appointed by two Idaho governors to serve on the Idaho State Board of Podiatry, Dr. Blackmer is the past president of the Idaho Podiatric Medical Association and became a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association in 1985. Dr. Blackmer has consulted for a leading Electronic Medical Records (EMR) company and developed/consulted numerous Ambulatory Surgery Centers and specialty clinics.
Special foot and ankle interest include:
- Ingrown toenail permanent correction with minimal discomfort and recovery.
- Toenail Fungus: PinPointe FootLaser for the treatment of onychomycosis (toenail fungus) since 2009. Dr Blackmer was one of the first doctors in the country to be trained in and offer this treatment.
- Heel pain treatment, both surgical and non-surgical. One of the first doctors in the Untied States trained by Dr. Stephen Barrett in Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy technique. Over 90% of patients with this condition respond to non-surgical care.
- Reconstructive Foot Surgery
- Non-Surgical Care of Foot Problems: Even though Dr. Blackmer has performed thousands of foot and ankle surgical procedures, his focus is on non-surgical treatment options prior to considering surgical intervention.
Dr. Blackmer actively enjoys back-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking/backpacking, mountaineering, running, cycling, weight training, big game hunting and exploring the Idaho wilderness on foot or on the back of his mule.